Saturday, June 25, 2011

PROJECT ACCESSORY TRYOUTS

When opportunity meets preparation, you go for it. Opportunity knocked and I was prepared. The chance of a lifetime; the opportunity for Accessory Designers to bring their creative talents to one location, and show them what you got...what is it you may ask? Project Accessory!
Project Accessory is a spinoff of Project Runway, that's right guys, me, my BFF, and cousin drove to New York, and took my chance of a lifetime for my Project Accessory fame. I'm normally not the type of person to take risk like this, but I did, and I'm glad about.

We got up early Saturday morning (2:00am)  and drove up to New York City, New York City?...yeah New York City! We headed down the Lincoln Tunnel towards the Yotel Hotel. With my heart thumping, I was eager to see who would be going up for the same opportunity as me. While we drove around the block a couple of times, we finally approached the hotel, and to my surprise the line was actually short...I mean I was number 5 in line, out of 30-40 prospects.

As the time began to wind down, until we meet the panel of judges, producers came down and let us know what the deal was, that they would be taking up 5 people at a time, all the way up to the 4th floor! My time to shine was coming up, as they counted the people, #6 come on up! (they let someone jump the line, which made me #6) Up and away me and my family went. Not really nervous anymore; more so anxious, I was ready to get this party started. I wanted the judges to know all about my Jazziness, and all that comes with it.

Well,my time is here...time for me to shine like a STAR! I'm all mic'd up, and Erika (Producer) tells me to bring it on! And bring it on is what I did. I came in there with my Jazzy smile, and gave them lights, camera, action. They liked me they really liked; I felt great about my interview with the judges, I was true to myself, and they appreciated it. On top of that they loved my jewelry, now what more could a girl want. I felt even better when they told me they would call me...I know that's an open invitation, but I have confidence in myself that they'll really call; if not I'm still good. I went for something that I wanted and hey if it happens, if not, I still feel good about going for one of my dreams.

Like I've said before in a previous blog, when life gives you lemons make lemonade, get a lemonade stand, and that's exactly what I did, I made my lemonade and it taste so good! Always go after your dreams, you can never say they you never tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment